Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
What Libraries Can Do
- Help faculty identify existing OER materials, including alternatives to textbooks
- Use advanced search skills to find exactly what faculty need
- Give options for ways that students can access resources
- Advise on how to make resources more accessible
- Advise on issues of copyright and fair dealing
- Advise on use of Creative Commons licences
What Libraries (Likely) Cannot Do
- Be completely knowledgeable of your subject area
- Make the final call on the quality of a resource
- Choose your textbook or course material
- Interfere with your academic freedom
Text a derivative of “How Libraries can Help”, in CCCOER: Faculty and Librarians Selecting High Quality OER, by Tina Ulrich, licensed under CC BY 4.0 - opens in a new window
Resources for you
Films on Demand
Films on Demand
Consists of 40,000 video titles (77,000 segments) in Humanities & Social Sciences, Business & Economics, Health, and Science.
Ebsco Image Collection
This database includes some images from the public domain. A copyright statement appears at the bottom of the page for each image. Users can refer to this for general use guidelines.
ATC librarians have created library guides for different programs, classes, and general guides such as doing research and starting your job search. These are available on the ATC library website.
You can link to our Library Guides from your Course Homepages in Blackboard by adding them as a Web Link.
Also review the library guide for your course or program for relevant databases. You can also add these to your course as a link. Ask us how!
Your librarians have created guides highlighting resources for specific classes. If you don't see a guide for your class, contact us and we will create one. We can also create guides for specific assignments.
Program guides highlight library resources for each program.
Athens Campus Library: 706.355.5020 | Elbert County: 706.213.2116 | Walton County: 706.552.0909 | Greene County: 706.453.0536
email: Library Webmaster
This site links to pdf documents. Click this link to get Adobe reader