1. You are looking for information about the role of nursing in World War II.
NOTE: The widget will only work if you are already authenticated to your organization’s ProQuest Nursing & Allied Health Source (PQNAHS) account. If it does not work, please login through your organization’s library to access PQNAHS directly. If you have questions about accessing your ProQuest databases, please contact your local librarian.
NOTE: The asterisk (*) is the truncation character and is used to find word variations such as nurse or nursing.
NOTE: Put quotation marks around phrases like “world war II” in order to search for these words as exact phrases.
NOTE: NEAR/n is the proximity search operator, which looks for documents that contain two search terms, in any order, within a specified number of words apart. Replace 'n' with a number. In the example, 5 means within 5 words.
Try running your search again replacing using the proximity operator, like: nurs* WITHIN/5 “world war II”
1. You want to find articles on palliative care in journals related to the elderly.
NOTE: Alternatively, click the Look up to search for the Subject term “nutrition”.
2. You want to set up a monthly alert to receive links to peer-reviewed journal articles about breast cancer and risk factors when they are added to ProQuest Nursing & Allied Health Source.
NOTE: Alternatively, on the search results page, click Create RSS feed if you prefer the alert be added to your RSS reader.
3. You want to find all articles related to nutrition on low weight birth.
NOTE: By selecting All fields (no full text) - ALL, you are narrowing your search to all record data, but not the full text.
1. You want to find tables or figures about euthanasia and its relationship with ethics or moral
NOTE: You can export an image or a set of images to PowerPoint, including all the citation details associated with each image, by clicking the Save to presentation link. You can save individual images to a presentation from the Search Results and Document View. If you want to save more than one image associated with a parent record, you can save all the images to My Research and click Save to presentation from there.
1. You want to see a pre-selected set of articles for Practical Nurses about developmental disorders in the field of pediatrics for an assignment.
2. You want to find videos on the emotions about aging
NOTE: View video content using the player embedded in the Video Document View page; if you want to view the video at full screen size, click the Full screen icon to the right of the video player window. You can also download the video in different formats using the appropriate Format links. The following formats are available:
.flv - suitable for use with Macromedia Flash player
.mov - suitable for use with Apple’s QuickTime media player, RealPlayer or Windows Media Player 7 and above
.mp4 - suitable for use with Apple’s QuickTime media player or RealPlayer
1. You want to find books which title includes the term nursing.
NOTE: Notice all books are split into chapters for an easier use for research.
Athens Campus Library: 706.355.5020 | Elbert County: 706.213.2116 | Walton County: 706.552.0909 | Greene County: 706.453.0536
email: Library Webmaster
This site links to pdf documents. Click this link to get Adobe reader