Faculty should print new rosters from BannerWeb after the conclusion of Drop/Add. Instructors must not allow students whose names are not on the roster to continue attending classes. Instead, they need to send students to the Office of Registration and Records on the Athens Campus, the Director’s Office at the Greene County Campus, or the Student Affairs Office at either the Elbert County Campus or Walton County Campus to resolve problems.
Important: Only deans can approve grades of an incomplete (I) or in-progress (IP). Instructors who need to assign an I or IP to one student in a class should EMAIL the dean the name of the student, the student’s ID#, and the CRN for the course. The dean will then forward that email to the Director of Records and Registration along with his or her approval.
You will receive an email from the Director of Registration and Records like below:
1. ALL Grades are due no later than _______. Please make sure your grades are submitted by the deadline. At _____, we will enter grades of IP (in-progress) for any students for whom you have not submitted a grade. These students will be placed on financial aid probation or exclusion and will possibly be removed from Fall classes until their grades are entered. If grades of IP are entered, you will be required to submit a change of grade form for each student to update his or her grade.
2 . DO NOT LEAVE ANY GRADES BLANK.
• Notify me immediately if someone should have been submitted as a no show.
• Calculate the final grade (use zeroes for missing grades) for students who stopped attending and did not withdraw.
• Enter a last date of attendance for any student whom you assign a grade of F.
3. Only deans can approve grades of incomplete (I) or in-progress (IP). Instructors who need to assign an I or IP to one student in a class should EMAIL their deans the name of the student, the student’s ID#, and the CRN for the course. The dean will then forward that email to me along with his or her approval. Instructors who need to assign grades of IP to an entire class should EMAIL their deans the CRN for the course. The dean will then forward that email to me along with his or her approval.
4. Final grades must be submitted via BannerWeb NOT BLACKBOARD (BannerWeb may show up as Banner Student Log in or BannerWeb Student Information System).
1. Go to www.athenstech.edu
2. Select Faculty and Staff, then Resources
3. Select BannerWeb on the left hand side
4. Enter Secure Area
Login with your e-mail username and password
5. Select Faculty Services
6. Select Final Grades
7. Select Term
8. Select Course
9. Enter final grades
10. Print AFTER pressing the submit button
5. If a student withdrew from or audited your class, there will already be a grade of W, WP, WF, or AU listed under final grades. DO NOT change a grade of WP, WF, or W, or AU.
Please note that when you are entering grades, try to remember to scroll down the page using the scroll bar. If you use the roller wheel on the mouse, you may inadvertently change a grade. Please double-check the grades before pressing the submit button. Always print a copy of the grades you submitted for your own records.
Also, if you enter gradebook components -- please double-check your rosters. In some cases, names will not be in alphabetical order because of the way the student’s information was initially entered into Banner. Look closely to make sure that you are entering grades for the right student.
Please email me if you have any questions about end of the semester procedures. ALL Grades for the semester.....TBA.
Director of Registration and Records
Athens Technical College
800 US Highway 29 North
Athens, GA 30601
Athens Campus Library: 706.355.5020 | Elbert County: 706.213.2116 | Walton County: 706.552.0909 | Greene County: 706.453.0536
email: Library Webmaster
This site links to pdf documents. Click this link to get Adobe reader