Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Complete the following:
- Ethics-in-Action training (Contact HR if you have any questions).
- Hazard Communication, Infection Control and Harassment Free Workplace training in Blackboard (See trainings directions handout received from adjunct coordinator)
- FERPA - Sign and return one copy to adjunct coordinator; keep other copy for files
- Blackboard Training
Teaching your course
- Get texts and any supplementary material
- Use official syllabus & create syllabus addendum
- ATC syllabus must be distributed to students either on paper or through Blackboard and reviewed in class. Must supplement with instructor-specific syllabus addendum (descriptions, supplies, contact info, overview of course, more detailed grade breakdown, class rules and regulations, etc.). Provide adjunct faculty with sample syllabus addendums.
- Use Blackboad for gradebook and posting important class documents.
- Print rosters/submit final grades through BannerWeb.
- To print roster, select “Summary Class List” and print it
- To enter final grades, select “Final Grades” and enter them
- Keep attendance. Needs to be submitted at end of term. Date of last attendance needed for “F”s.
- Report “no-shows” as directed by registrar.
- If student does not show up by the “No Show” deadline, they are reported as a “No-Show” (check your ATC email regularly so you know when this deadline is).
- If student contacts instructor (by phone, email, or in Blackboard) they are not a “No Show” even if they have never come to class.
- When you get the email from the registrar, go to the link provided by her, and follow the instructions.
- Save or print the report after submission.
- If student is reported as a “No Show” and they request re-admission, it is up to instructor’s discretion. If decision is to re-admit, send email to registrar with the student’s full name and I.D. number, the CRN for the class and a request to re-enroll the student.
- Set up an Intranet account
- Request account through ATC faculty website
- Check ATC email regularly
- Check Blackboard class regularly
- Communicate with students ONLY through ATC and Blackboard email
- Know the difference between BannerWeb, Intranet, Blackboard, and ATC e-mail and what each are used for
- BannerWeb- print class roll, submit final grades
- Intranet- View course offerings, submit help requests (for Blackboard, equipment, and technology), sign up for Faculty/Staff Development
- ATC email – Communications from dean, registrar, division admin assistant, students, etc. PLEASE read through complete emails.
- Blackboard – Online learning management system. MUST be used for posting grades and key course documents. Post at least one announcement and faculty contact information.
- Get needed teaching supplies
- Become familiar with available library resources (tours, Galileo, etc.).
- Learn about the ATC Academic Support Center – Tutoring services available.
- Make copies – Make needed copies but avoid excessive copying. Use Blackboard when appropriate.
- Other campuses – Contact main office for campus copying access.
Emergency icon on instructor computer desktops in classrooms
Emergency evening support- JR Whitley, evening coordinator, 706-340-2765 (cell) or office , J.R. - 706-355-5197
Download a copy
If you prefer your cheklists in print or as an MS Word file, you can download the following:
Athens Campus Library: 706.355.5020 | Elbert County: 706.213.2116 | Walton County: 706.552.0909 | Greene County: 706.453.0536
email: Library Webmaster
This site links to pdf documents. Click this link to get Adobe reader