Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
What do student library assistants do?
Each campus library works a little differently, but here are some of the main responsibilities of a library student assistant.
- Open and close the library
- Assist people who come into the library
- Answer the phone
- Help patrons find library materials in GALILEO and O.W.L., our Library Portal
- Check materials out and back in using ALMA
- Reshelve materials
- Put newspapers away
- Check in magazine issues in ALMA (except Athens)
- Troubleshoot password issues or help students send a support ticket
- Help keep the library tidy and welcoming
- Check the mail (Elbert campus)
Athens Campus Library: 706.355.5020 | Elbert County: 706.213.2116 | Walton County: 706.552.0909 | Greene County: 706.453.0536
email: Library Webmaster
This site links to pdf documents. Click this link to get Adobe reader