Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Closing the library
- 15 minutes before close, let people know that the library will be closing in 15 minutes
- You may begin turning off unoccupied computers (auto shutdown in Athens)
- Push in chairs, turn off remainder of computers
- Enter your end time in Team Georgia
- Turn off circ desk computer(s)
- Turn out lights
- Athens campus:
- Make sure study rooms are empty
- Lock loading dock doors
- Lock library doors using the Allen wrench on the cabinet near the mail baskets
- Check patron count on security gates
- Elbert campus
- Make sure both study cubbys are empty. Someone got locked in once!
- Elbert/Walton campus
- Enter patron count in Allma. Below is a quick tutorial to refresh your memory.
Athens Campus Library: 706.355.5020 | Elbert County: 706.213.2116 | Walton County: 706.552.0909 | Greene County: 706.453.0536
email: Library Webmaster
This site links to pdf documents. Click this link to get Adobe reader