Here are some common questions we see, and how to handle them. Remember we do everything patiently.
You will help many students and community people print. There are a couple ways to print in the library. The most common is printing from the copier. The prints black and white only, and the cost is .05 per page. There is a machine that accepts money:
The copier will only print image files. The most common is pdf. So if someone wants to print a paper that they've written in MS Word, you must first save it as a pdf:
If a patron wants to print something like a webpage, ctrl-p to get the print dialog box to open. Change the destination to print to PDF or save as PDF or some such. If this does not work, ask a librarian.
The library also has Wepa printers. These cost .10 per page, and .50 per page for color prints. Patrons can create an account at the Wepa website, and add money to it, so no cash necessary for printing. They can also pay for printing from a Wepa machine with a credit or debit card. Be aware that .45 is added per transaction.
Depending on which campus you are on, you may hear this a lot. You can help students troubleshoot.
1. Remind them that their Blackboard username only the part before @student.athenstech.edu
2. Ask them if they are able to log into their email. If so, they can try to change their password there (upper right corner, click the circle with their initial).
3. If they are on their own device, have them try clearing their search history/cache.
4. If they are on their own device, have them try to logon from a library computer.
5. If they still can't log in, they can request a password reset. From the Athens Technical College Website go to Resources -->Student Technology --> Password help. click I need a new password, then click Request assistance:
For more information see the library FAQ What if I can't access my blackboard? Feel free to come get one of us if you are unable to help.
Textbooks are a confusing issue around here. Things to be aware of:
You can look up any ATC faculty or staff member in the staff directory. Go to the Athens Technical College homepage, scroll down to the bottom, and click Faculty and Staff Directory under Important links:
Elbert and Walton campuses do not have a fax machine for public use.
Athens does. Patrons give what they need faxed to you, and you fax it. The fax machine is by the archives computer. This is free of charge.
Athens Campus Library: 706.355.5020 | Elbert County: 706.213.2116 | Walton County: 706.552.0909 | Greene County: 706.453.0536
email: Library Webmaster
This site links to pdf documents. Click this link to get Adobe reader